Without a Trace is an American television show set in New York City. The show is about a fictitious FBI missing persons unit, each episode usually following the investigation into one person's disappearance.
The series debuted as part of the CBS fall line-up in 2002, created by Hank Steinberg and produced by Jerry Bruckheimer. The show was the first ever to score strong ratings opposite longtime NBC hit ER—which, like Without a Trace, is produced by Warner Bros. Television. The first two showrunners were Steinberg and Ed Redlich. Between Seasons Two and Three, Steinberg and Redlich moved away from active participation in the series, with staff writers Jan Nash and Greg Walker taking over. The series shares several cast and crew members with The Wire.
- Neko Parham plays Aaron in the season 1 episode Little Big Man
- Deirdre Lovejoy plays Mrs. Peterson in the season 1 episode In Extremis
- Atif Lanier plays a detective in the season 3 episode In the Dark
- David Costabile plays Scott Asher in the season 3 episode Off the Tracks
- Brandon Fobbs plays Zach in the season 4 episode The Road Home
- Michael B. Jordan plays Jesse Lewis in the season 5 episode The Calm Before
- Rick Otto plays George in the season 5 episode All the Sinners, Saints
- John Doman plays Hayden Mills in the season 5 episode Deep Water