Freedomland is a 2006 film starring Samuel L. Jackson and Julianne Moore. The Wire writer Richard Price adapted his own novel, which touches on themes of covert racism. Joe Roth directs the film. The production shares several cast and crew members with The Wire.
- Clarke Peters plays Reverend Longway in Freedomland and Detective Lester Freamon in The Wire.
- Domenick Lombardozzi plays Leo Sullivan in Freedomland and disgraced detective Thomas "Herc" Hauk in The Wire.
- Richard Price's daughter Genevieve Hudson-Price plays Tina in Freedomland and recovering drug addict Dee Dee in The Wire.
- Gil Deeble plays an angry resident in Freedomland and drug addict Hucklebuck in The Wire.
- Lawrence Cameron Steele plays a Corrections Officer in Freedomland and a Western District shift lieutenant in the third season of The Wire.